Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Mark of Approval

As many of you have learned I have received the final master of "Aloud" and given it the okay for release tomorrow, January 30th.  It's been a long time coming and it's going to feel good to get that sucker posted, get a little feedback from some friends, and get cracking on the next mix.

I opted to have the mastering engineer keep the level on the cool side, which will let it really sing on a decent set of speakers/headphones with strong dynamics but may force some people to have to reach for the volume knob when it comes up after Rihanna on their iTunes.  It's a risk because, as many people know, the brain perceives louder things to sound "better."  One can simply turn them up of course, but the blistering increase in mastering levels over the last 15 years owes itself in part to the quest for that awesome first impression, that blast of sound that outshines everything played before it.  I'll leave a lecture on the loudness wars for another time...

Let's just say I'm really excited to have this music finally reaching some ears.  As I had alluded to earlier, downloads will be free in any format of your choice.  I will ask that anyone who enjoys the song please tell one other person about it, preferably someone who I don't know.  Social media is great too and posting links on facebook and all that can get things moving but I know for me a personal, verbal recommendation is a lot more likely to get me to listen to something.

Thanks to all who have provided me with much-needed support during this process.  I can only hope to make you proud.

I'll be posting the link to the song on facebook tomorrow morning. If you haven't "liked" our facebook page, now's a good time: facebook.com/ahypocriteandslanderer.

-Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment